Tråd: Bygga om bios för HP dator så WWAN supporteras

Hittade denna guide för att anpassa HP's bios så man kan editera white listen över WWAN moduler.
OBS datorn kan bli en fin tegelsten om man sabbar biosen.

Here are some details on how you can do the mod yourself. Bios modification is a risky task, you only need to do this if the bios published above will not work for you

Software needed:
1. "AMIBIOS Utilities 8", dont ask me for a source. (Hint: bntbtc)
2. AMIFlash utilieis, link posted in the first post.

Process:

1. First use AFUWIN.EXE from the amiflash utilities to extract your hp mini bios and save it to a disk as "minimaster.ROM" (You can also just use one of the modded bios posted above as master.
2. Now launch "MMTOOL.exe" from "AMIBIOS Utilities"
3. Load the the rom "minimaster.ROM" by clicking the "LoadROM" button
4. Go to "Extract" tab.
5. From the list below select the module with id "1B" and name "Single Link Arch BIOS".
6. Click on browse and Specify a module file name "Origbios.mod"
7. Make sure "In uncompressed form" is select in the "Extract module" and click "Extract"
8. Bios module should now be saved to "Origbios.mod" file.
9. Open "Origbios.mod" in your favourite binary editior. I use XVI32, a binary editor. Google it.
10. Find the string "F0 03 1D 1F" (Which is hex string that represents the ID for the WWAN card hp uses in the mini, see id calculation below).
11. You should find it at location at "19E44" in the file (If you are using bios ver F05).
12. Replace those four values with the ids you calculated for your card. Make sure you do not accidentally touch or replace anything in this file. One mistake could lead to a bricked laptop. I cannot stress that enough.
13. Now save the file to a new file called "new.mod"
14. Make a copy of your original rom file "minimaster.ROM" and name it "mininew.ROM".
15. Copy these two files to the folder which contains the "AMI BIOS Utilities"
16. Now launch a command prompt window.
17. In the command prompt, Browse to the folder where you have "AMI BIOS Utilities"
18. Now run the command "AMIMMDOS mininew.ROM /R 1B new.mod" in that command prompt window. This will replace the module 1B in the original bios file with the newly modified file. It should say "0 Errors and 0 Warnings" on the screen.
19. Now, check the file size and time stamp of the file mininew.ROM. It should be 1,048,576 bytes and have current timestamp.
20. Now you are ready to flash this bios to mini as described in post #1.

How to calculate ID for you card:

The WWAN card that hp ships with the mini 1000 is a un2400 which has an VendorID:03F0 and DeviceID:1F1D. But the bios white list uses a notation where the hex values are transposed.
The the first part of the ID is listed as "F003" and the second part is listed as "1D1F".
So you should look for "F0031D1F"

The hs2300 card from hp has IDs, "03F0" and "1E1D".
So i replace the value "F0031D1F" with "F0031D1E". I only had to replace the one hex value that was different.

Hope this helps.

Gillar prylar, 2G/3G/4G, den som har mest prylar när den dör vinner!