1 Senaste redigerad av Fabmini (2013-04-18 16:14:42)

Tråd: PANIK FÖRBI - Oacceptabelt prishöjning/sänkning kapacitetsgränser Net1

I’ve been reading the forum, and judging by the (lack of) comments, people either don’t know this yet, or aren’t bothered. I can’t believe it’s that last: how can Net1 customers not be bothered by this latest development that is foisted upon us via the back door, as yet with no official announcement?

What’s this all about? Well, Net1 has, as yet without prior notice to existing customers, severely decreased the data allowances of its Företag and Privat Alltid subscriptions from 30 GB to 20 GB a month. And not only that, they have left the price the same at 299 kr. a month. This measure is a considerable price rise “in disguise”.

Some say it is part of a general trend of internet providers having to cap their data allowances because of increased usage, and seem to imply that this is therefore "normal". But, would you accept a drop in your salary or pension of a third without questioning anything? I know I don't get pay rises like that. For some of us this makes the difference between managing and struggling.
Do you realise what Net1 have just done? They are taking a third of our data allowance off!! And as if that isn't bad enough, they are still charging the full price for this severely capped service. Where will this end? Pay ever more for a steadily decreasing service, with ultimately next to no standard data allowance left, unless you fork out for the top-ups?
What it boils down to, is that Net1 have effected a price rise of approx. a third by delivering 20 GB instead of 30 GB a month for the same price as the old subscription, with the "option" of topping up to 30 GB for 199 kr. That's a total price of 498 kr. a month. instead of 299 kr. a month. Altogether, this is a price rise of around 66%. And that's even without a phone subscription.
Some of us actually rely on internet for our work, and to see the only service available being capped like this, while being expected to pay a whole lot more, is simply outrageous. Just because we live out in the sticks and have no other choice regarding internet, doesn't mean we have to put up with any old service. The vast majority of Net1's customers can't switch to another provider, so in effect, Net1 can do what it likes.

Then there’s the question of economic viability; according to some, a data allowance of 30 GB a month is not sustainable on the long term. If this is true, then Net 1 should have either 1) offered a limited amount of time of 30 GB a month and clearly notified the customer of this, or 2) should never have offered the customer 30 GB a month in the first place.
By the way, 30 GB a month isn't mega much: I've come across plenty of people who don't use internet excessively and do reach this limit, as I myself do.
It’s very hard to believe Net1 didn’t know about sustainability issues, if any. And even in the highly unlikely event they really didn't foresee this, they should have adjusted the price to reflect the new, lower data allowance, i.e. adjust to this new reality as well. The fact that they haven't and have actually upped the price so much in the process, to me shows that they are abusing the situation. Reasonable price rises over time are to be expected, but this is simply ridiculous. I would never have objected to a 50-kr. increase per month for example, if that meant I could keep the 30 GB. But to have 10 GB taken away like this, which can only be regained by paying 199 kr. extra each month, is beyond the pale.

Something else I don't find very customer-friendly: no one at Net1 has so far bothered to notify the existing customers of this happening. I found out myself, purely by accident, by browsing a forum.

I can’t imagine I’m the only one concerned about this, and hope that, if there are others who see things as I do, they will make it known on forums or by contacting someone at Net1.

2 Senaste redigerad av Discover (2013-04-13 23:11:34)

Sv: PANIK FÖRBI - Oacceptabelt prishöjning/sänkning kapacitetsgränser Net1

Varför bry sig ? Så länge man har ett bundet avtal så kan de faktiskt inte ändra datamängden - det skulle bli avtalsbrott.

Och de kan förmodligen inte ändra abonnemanget efter bindningstiden heller, så länge du inte gör någon ändring.

Svar från Net1´s Facebbok:

" Hej, tyvärr kan vi inte erbjuda fri surf, dels för att det skulle vara allt för kostsamt men också för att det skulle ha alldeles för stor inverkan på vårt nät. Det räcker med att ett få tal kunder förbrukar riktigt mycket data för att övriga kunder som är uppkopplade mot samma mast ska få en lägre hastighet. Om vi erbjöd fri surf skulle snitt användandet troligtvis bli så pass högt att ingen fick ut en hastighet som man var nöjd med. ".

De som vill ha mer kapacitet ska också få betala för det, t.ex ha dubbla abonnemang eller fylla på med mer datatrafik om det behövs.

Hemma: Telia fiber 500/500.
Bärbart: ZTE MU5001 + Telia Extra användare.
Mobil(t): Galaxy S23 Ultra & Telia Obegränsad.
Extra: Allt möjligt, som externa antenner & simkort.

Discover skrev:
Fabmini skrev:

I’ve been reading the forum, and judging by the (lack of) comments, people either don’t know this yet, or aren’t bothered. I can’t believe it’s that last: how can Net1 customers not be bothered by this latest development that is foisted upon us via the back door, as yet with no official announcement?

What’s this all about? Well, Net1 has, as yet without prior notice to existing customers, severely decreased the data allowances of its Företag and Privat Alltid subscriptions from 30 GB to 20 GB a month. And not only that, they have left the price the same at 299 kr. a month. This measure is a considerable price rise “in disguise”.

Some say it is part of a general trend of internet providers having to cap their data allowances because of increased usage, and seem to imply that this is therefore "normal". But, would you accept a drop in your salary or pension of a third without questioning anything? I know I don't get pay rises like that. For some of us this makes the difference between managing and struggling.
Do you realise what Net1 have just done? They are taking a third of our data allowance off!! And as if that isn't bad enough, they are still charging the full price for this severely capped service. Where will this end? Pay ever more for a steadily decreasing service, with ultimately next to no standard data allowance left, unless you fork out for the top-ups?
What it boils down to, is that Net1 have effected a price rise of approx. a third by delivering 20 GB instead of 30 GB a month for the same price as the old subscription, with the "option" of topping up to 30 GB for 199 kr. That's a total price of 498 kr. a month. instead of 299 kr. a month. Altogether, this is a price rise of around 66%. And that's even without a phone subscription.
Some of us actually rely on internet for our work, and to see the only service available being capped like this, while being expected to pay a whole lot more, is simply outrageous. Just because we live out in the sticks and have no other choice regarding internet, doesn't mean we have to put up with any old service. The vast majority of Net1's customers can't switch to another provider, so in effect, Net1 can do what it likes.

Then there’s the question of economic viability; according to some, a data allowance of 30 GB a month is not sustainable on the long term. If this is true, then Net 1 should have either 1) offered a limited amount of time of 30 GB a month and clearly notified the customer of this, or 2) should never have offered the customer 30 GB a month in the first place.
By the way, 30 GB a month isn't mega much: I've come across plenty of people who don't use internet excessively and do reach this limit, as I myself do.
It’s very hard to believe Net1 didn’t know about sustainability issues, if any. And even in the highly unlikely event they really didn't foresee this, they should have adjusted the price to reflect the new, lower data allowance, i.e. adjust to this new reality as well. The fact that they haven't and have actually upped the price so much in the process, to me shows that they are abusing the situation. Reasonable price rises over time are to be expected, but this is simply ridiculous. I would never have objected to a 50-kr. increase per month for example, if that meant I could keep the 30 GB. But to have 10 GB taken away like this, which can only be regained by paying 199 kr. extra each month, is beyond the pale.

Something else I don't find very customer-friendly: no one at Net1 has so far bothered to notify the existing customers of this happening. I found out myself, purely by accident, by browsing a forum.

I can’t imagine I’m the only one concerned about this, and hope that, if there are others who see things as I do, they will make it known on forums or by contacting someone at Net1.

Varför bry sig ? Så länge man har ett bundet avtal så kan de faktiskt inte ändra datamängden - det skulle bli avtalsbrott.

Och de kan förmodligen inte ändra abonnemanget efter bindningstiden heller, så länge du inte gör någon ändring.

Svar från Net1´s Facebbok:

" Hej, tyvärr kan vi inte erbjuda fri surf, dels för att det skulle vara allt för kostsamt men också för att det skulle ha alldeles för stor inverkan på vårt nät. Det räcker med att ett få tal kunder förbrukar riktigt mycket data för att övriga kunder som är uppkopplade mot samma mast ska få en lägre hastighet. Om vi erbjöd fri surf skulle snitt användandet troligtvis bli så pass högt att ingen fick ut en hastighet som man var nöjd med. ".

De som vill ha mer kapacitet ska också få betala för det, t.ex ha dubbla abonnemang eller fylla på med mer datatrafik om det behövs.

Vad vinner ett eventuellt inlägg på att omedelbart föregående inlägg upprepas? Enbart irriterande. Dina inlägg är bra ändå. Se ovan där jag använt min redigeringsbefogenhet. Hoppas du ursäktar.

LTE testare på 4G 2600, 1800, 900, 800 med Fritzbox AVM 6890, AVM6840, AVM6842, AVM 6820 och AVM 7590/7490/7390 samt diverse mifis från ZTE och Netgear. Några huaweimodem på hyllan.

Det finns en gammal "Netiquett-regel" att längden på det man citerar inte ska överskrida längden på det man själv skriver.
Att citera ett 30-raders inlägg för att själv skriva till en eller två rader är inte särskilt trevligt mot någon.

Svar till Fabmini

Varför ska Net1 gå ut med ändringen till befintliga kunder, när ändringen bara gäller nya kunder ?

Om nu ändringen gäller befintliga kunder så misstänker
jag att de väljer att meddela sina kunder i samband med utskick av faktura.

Den som förlänger / ändrar sitt abonnemang hos Net1 får ju då också veta vad som gäller.

Om man är nöjd med sitt abonnemang så finns det ju ingen anledning att förlänga någon bindningstid och därmed blir det ingen ändring på abonnemanget heller... Rätta mig om jag har fel, sådant är ju inget nytt på forumet.

jonasolof skrev:

Vad vinner ett eventuellt inlägg på att omedelbart föregående inlägg upprepas? Enbart irriterande. Dina inlägg är bra ändå. Se ovan där jag använt min redigeringsbefogenhet. Hoppas du ursäktar.

Oki... kan ju skylla på att jag var trött, men låter bli och ska försöka att inte göra det igen, annars kan du bara gå in och redigera bort det om du vill.

Jag har också fått min gräns sänkt till 20 GB.
När gjordes denna ändring? Jag har inte fått någon information om detta.

varför gör inte net1 som telia gjorde runt 2006,
tabetalt per MB av trafik i realtid, när tex månads quotan 20 GB överskrids.

får en känsla av användarna blir mycket måna om att hålla reda på trafikmängderna, och om net1 lägger in en möjlighet att begränsa månadsbelopp/trafik så blir det säkert på samma sätt som rösttrafik ( enl lagkrav)
att sänka trafik quotan är uselt, bättre att avsluta kunderna som inte godkänner de nya vilkoren, så det blir öppet och transparant.

att net1 säger att några stortankare kan smula trafiken för andra tyder på ett alltför känsligt system som behöver sektioneras mer.
tycker att 20GB på ett så pass känsligt system som det ser ut att vara är mycket trafik mot vad man får på småcell'iga system som tex 3G.

Svar till Axthorpe

Hmm, låter väldigt skumt.

Antingen är det stor belastning på nätet eller så vill de tjäna mer pengar genom att få folk att "fylla på".

Axthorpe skrev:

Jag har också fått min gräns sänkt till 20 GB.
När gjordes denna ändring? Jag har inte fått någon information om detta.

Jag skickade in ett ilsket mail till kundtjänst igår, idag ringde de upp mig och förklarade det hela.

Jag har fortfarande 30gb, detta gäller alla befintliga kunder. De kommer inte sänka hastigheten för befintliga kunder, sänkningen till 20gb gäller endast nya kunder.

Anledningen till att jag trodde att jag fått sänkt hastighet var att jag fick ett mail om att jag överskridit min maxgräns. Detta mail fick jag innan jag gått över 30gb.
Det verkar som om det gått ut mail  till 30gb-kunder när de gått över 20gb (iallafall till mig), kundtjänst skulle följa upp detta.
Det nya "överskridningsmailet" var också annorlunda formulerat vilket också bidrog till mitt antagande.
Det nya mailet löd "Du har överskridit din maxgräns för dataförbrukning hos Net 1... Din internetanslutning har nu begränsad hastighet..." mot tidigare varning "Du överskrider snart din maxgräns för dataförbrukning hos Net 1... Vi vill göra dig uppmärksam på att du nu har förbrukat 80 % av den datamängd som ingår i ditt abonnemang. Då du är viktig för oss har vi valt att ge dig ytterligare 1 extra GB."

Men nu är allt frid och fröjd igen smile Kan passa på att säga att jag aldrig haft problem med Net1 tidigare, bortsett från enstaka driftstörningar. Samt att jag alltid fått bra bemötande från kundtjänsten.

11 Senaste redigerad av Fabmini (2013-04-18 16:31:50)

I've also been in contact with Net1 customer support, and thank goodness they told me the same: 20GB is only for new customers, existing customers stay the same at 30GB with Alltid. Not very nice if you're a new customer though :-(.

May I say I've also been very happy with Net1 (although just like Axthorpe, not without the occasional driftstörningar ;-)), and I do apologise for jumping the gun (I just can't afford losing any of the 30GB or, in effect, pay more). I hope my panic didn't spread into mass hysteria!