Tråd: Is dovado tiny answering to calls and how to prevent it?

Hi!

I bought this tiny thing at last week. Now i have started to inspect why people call me so short time, just about two beeps.

Currently i have Saunalahti's GSM connection, i have two sim cards, which both have same number. Other card is in 3G huawei e367, and other is on my phone.
When someone calls to my number, it will connect to both sim's same time, so if both cards are on gsm phones, they will ring same time.

Now it seems, that when my 3G stick is on dovado tiny, it will answer incoming call, so after two beeps it answer, and i cant answer anymore at my real GSM phone.. I have inspected, and just taken latest firmware, but cant do anything for it. If 3G huawei is connected to computer or any other device, there is no problem, only with dovado..

I think this dovado tiny has been best router i have had, so i really like to continue to using it, anything what i can do for it? Or does someone know is there same problem with other dovado products, like 4gr or whatever it is  i could change for that too..

Sv: Is dovado tiny answering to calls and how to prevent it?

Contact dovado suport directly thru there web page, and create a support ticket.

apassi skrev:

Hi!

I bought this tiny thing at last week. Now i have started to inspect why people call me so short time, just about two beeps.

Currently i have Saunalahti's GSM connection, i have two sim cards, which both have same number. Other card is in 3G huawei e367, and other is on my phone.
When someone calls to my number, it will connect to both sim's same time, so if both cards are on gsm phones, they will ring same time.

Now it seems, that when my 3G stick is on dovado tiny, it will answer incoming call, so after two beeps it answer, and i cant answer anymore at my real GSM phone.. I have inspected, and just taken latest firmware, but cant do anything for it. If 3G huawei is connected to computer or any other device, there is no problem, only with dovado..

I think this dovado tiny has been best router i have had, so i really like to continue to using it, anything what i can do for it? Or does someone know is there same problem with other dovado products, like 4gr or whatever it is  i could change for that too..

Is this enabled on your router?

SMS Remote Control
If your SIM card and 3G USB modem support SMS (see www.dovado.com) in
the router, then you’ll be able to employ this feature to remotely control the router
from your mobile phone. A short text command can be sent from your phone to
administer any of these tasks instantly.The configuration allows an unlimited range
of authorized mobile phone numbers to be inserted into the list.

thomson69 skrev:

SMS Remote Control
the router, then you’ll be able to employ this feature to remotely control the router
administer any of these tasks instantly.The configuration allows an unlimited range

No, i dont want SMS control.. you didnt understand. I have GSM number, which have two sim card, other sim is on 3G huawei which is connected to docado tiny, and other is on my GSM phone. Now when someone calls a voice call to my number, the dovado will answer the call, and i cant answer it anymore with my cell phone..

apassi skrev:
thomson69 skrev:

SMS Remote Control

No, i dont want SMS control.. you didnt understand. I have GSM number, which have two sim card, other sim is on 3G huawei which is connected to docado tiny, and other is on my GSM phone. Now when someone calls a voice call to my number, the dovado will answer the call, and i cant answer it anymore with my cell phone..

I did understand your question.
But if you have this problem with this configuration below you need to contact your operator about this problem to see if they can help you.

so if both cards are on gsm phones, they will ring same time.

thomson69 skrev:
apassi skrev:
thomson69 skrev:

SMS Remote Control

I did understand your question.
But if you have this problem with this configuration below you need to contact your operator about this problem to see if they can help you.

so if both cards are on gsm phones, they will ring same time.

No, this is not operator issue, this is dovado tiny issue because it will answer incoming voice phone calls without any permission from me. I havent give any permission for this machine to open any incoming voice calls.

.. and i have already send a message to dovado about anwering voice calls..

I have suffered of the same problem. I have the same device configuration and the same operator.

Hi Askoh,

I contact the docado team at some weeks ago for this. They are fixing it, but they told it isnt an easy task..

For the quick fix, i contacted saunalahti, and asked them to close incoming voice calls from 3G sim, and they was pleased to do it.

Worked for me.

The problem is also at 4gr model, where i changed my Tiny, because i like to play with tellstick feature some day.

same problem with old tele2 3g, as suport voice calls... wink

apassi skrev:

Hi Askoh,

I contact the docado team at some weeks ago for this. They are fixing it, but they told it isnt an easy task..

For the quick fix, i contacted saunalahti, and asked them to close incoming voice calls from 3G sim, and they was pleased to do it.

Worked for me.

The problem is also at 4gr model, where i changed my Tiny, because i like to play with tellstick feature some day.

Hello!

I found a very easy solution, beacause with have a mini laptop with an internal modem and the same broadband. I only swapped the SIM cards between it and the external modem.

Asko