Tråd: W21 - ny login ruta med R12 fw, men vilket pwd?

la in senaste mjukvaran på W21, R12A. I denna version har dom bytt loginsida, från att ha både angett användare och lösenord kan man nu bara ange lösenord. Lösenordet jag har för user användaren funkar inte, även testat default lösenordet, div andra default lösenord. Testade även göra en reset via reset-knappen. Men det hjälpte inte.

Någon annan som lagt in R12:an och som lyckats logga in?

Min operatör, Tre, hade ingen susning utan hänvisade mig till Ericsson (yeah, lycka till och försöka få support från dom...)

Sv: W21 - ny login ruta med R12 fw, men vilket pwd?

Hej,

user är lösenordet i R12A.

Hello Marak!
Hello to Sweden from Austria!

I have the same problem with my W21.
The software upgrade to R12A was successful and it works with the old configuration. That means when i turn on the router it connects to the internet and i can connect with the PC via LAN.
But it's not possible to login to the configuration page.
Also the reset button has no function since the upgrade.
The biggest problem is that i have turned off the WLAN for the upgrade and now i have no possibility to turn it on.

It's really strange...

Have you any idea how i can reset my W21?

Thanks!
br
Benny

Bennyyy skrev:

Hello Marak!
Hello to Sweden from Austria!

I have the same problem with my W21.
The software upgrade to R12A was successful and it works with the old configuration. That means when i turn on the router it connects to the internet and i can connect with the PC via LAN.
But it's not possible to login to the configuration page.
Also the reset button has no function since the upgrade.
The biggest problem is that i have turned off the WLAN for the upgrade and now i have no possibility to turn it on.

It's really strange...

Have you any idea how i can reset my W21?

Thanks!
br
Benny

As joran said, user is the password in R12A.
Please test that.

smile

Gillar prylar, 2G/3G/4G, den som har mest prylar när den dör vinner!

Hello Andreas!

Thanks for your help!
I've already tried "user" but it doesn't work.
I think there is some kind of software bug in the SW R12A, because the W21 from Marak shows the same behaviour.

Here my last actions on the router:
- Upgrade from R10 to R11: OK, login with my password (not "user") works
- Upgrade from R11 to R12: The router works but no access  to the configuration page with my old password or "user". No reset possible.

Any ideas?
br
Christian

Bennyyy skrev:

Hello Andreas!

Thanks for your help!
I've already tried "user" but it doesn't work.
I think there is some kind of software bug in the SW R12A, because the W21 from Marak shows the same behaviour.

Here my last actions on the router:
- Upgrade from R10 to R11: OK, login with my password (not "user") works
- Upgrade from R11 to R12: The router works but no access  to the configuration page with my old password or "user". No reset possible.

Any ideas?
br
Christian

hi smile

same procedure as I did... just that I started from R9 and upgraded to R10, then to R11, and all was working, but then with R12 the login page changed.

Swedish network provider 3 doesn't want to help me since in their world R9 is the latest version. Talked to a person on Ericsson, but he pointed me back to 3 since Ericsson doesn't give any support to end customers.

Have also had some mail contact with Powertec (www.ericssonw21.com), but all they could say was to try with the default passwords, and do a reset on it.

Have also tried login through ssh/telnet. The account user have by default no ssh access (at least what I have read on different pages around the net), but have also tried with root login but no passwords work sad

/Magnus

7 Senaste redigerad av joran (2009-06-26 11:42:49)

I've tested the reset button twice on my W21 with R12A and it works just fine.
Keep in mind that the reset button should be pressed for at least 20 seconds when doing the reset.

Yes i know:
power off -> press and hold reset button -> power on and hold the button for more than 20 seconds

It's not ok that Sony Ericsson gives no support on this product...
I'm already in contact with my operator (Orange). Maybe they can help me.

That is not the correct way do to the reset I am afraid. The unit shall be powered up and opertional when the reset button is pressed.

You are right.
I think since R12A the reset works also when the router is on.
But i have tried a lot of different ways with power on/off, press the button long/short.....

As I said earlier, I tried two times this aternoon reseting and it worked just fine.
The reset procedure has been like this since R10A so it is not new in R12A.
Perhaps there is something physically wrong with your unit and the reset button does not work?

Hi!

I know what's the problem!!!

My old password had 9 characters with 2 numbers at the end, for example "ABCDEFG12".

Today I tried some variations:
A
AB
ABC
ABCD and so on

And I can't believe it, but the router accepted the password "ABCDEFG1"!
So it seems that one character was cut off during the upgrade process or the password was limited to 8 characters.

I hope this procedure works also for Magnus.

wow smile

did work for me as well when using the first 8 characters of the password.

thanks Bennyyy!